Friday, January 24, 2014

Abstract Oil Painting

 

Yesterday I finished this painting! I havent had the space to paint since college - I absolutely love having a garage! Oil paint needs a well ventilated space while painting and drying, so a garage is perfect. 

In college I focused on more photo realistic subject matter, so doing something abstract was new for me, but I was inspired by this fabulous print by Kelli Hall in Kirstens recent nursery from 6th Street Design School. 

I picked up a 24"x36" canvas from Michaels for 50% (sale in store) plus an additional 25% off sale items coupon, it ended up being around $20. Great price, especially for their higher end canvas!

The painting included deep turquoise, aqua, light yellow, seafoam, and teal.  




Im planning on putting it above the new credenza in the office, finished photos Monday! 

Also, in case you were wondering, it was photographed in the garage, we moved this dresser from the guest room in order to fit the bed. Im planning on selling it, but for now it is holding some art supplies, so I need to find a place to put those first. 

Happy Friday, I hope you have a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment