Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Gold Pharmacist Lamp My new favorite gold spray paint

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday! Im not going to lie ... October has been a little rough on us, dont get me wrong, we are very blessed and thankful that were all healthy and have a roof over our heads, but being in transition is tough. Having your home - your "safe haven", where you have everything and know where everything is, etc. helps you feel like you can take on anything the world can throw at you.

Were still in a (furnished) unit (with all of our belongings (in boxes), including our furniture) waiting for ours to be finished ... well be moving in in a week or so ... or well be looking elsewhere. Needless to say, its really tight in here - especially since this place is smaller than our last. Well be moving some things into a storage unit, once we unpack and see what we really need for the next few months.

Just wanted to share since I havent been commenting (on other blogs) or responding to comments here as much as I have been. So a HUGE thank you for sticking with me while we get things sorted out!  You all are the best :)

We may have limited space, but that hasnt stopped us from working on projects!!

A week or so ago, I picked up this little lamp at Home Goods. I havent been near a Home Goods since we lived in Tennessee, so I was beyond excited to be back!! I picked up a yellow console table and this black and silver lamp. Great shape, but why its two colors .. Im not sure .. something that small should be just one color, just saying :)

But it had great lines and was only $30. I havent found one under $80, so I was sold!

First, I sanded it with a fine sanding block, wiped it off, and taped the cord and and where the light bulb goes.

I then primed with my favorite bonding primer - Zinsser Cover Stain, it sticks really well, and once dry has a thick durable coat.



I picked up Brittany Makes favorite gold spray paint at Blick Art Supply when we drove through Chicago. Its a professional artist spray paint, but formulated to stick to almost everything.

Brittanys recommendation definitely didnt fall short! It adhered and covered well, the color was perfect - not too yellow/green and not too rosy, just in the middle, but definitely on the warmer side. This is my go to gold now!

On a funny side note, I was holding the paint can in my legs as I bent down I hit the nozzle against my stomach and the paint went straight through my shirt .. it did come off .. eventually :)


I did one light coat and then a second.



I LOVE how it turned out! Definitely worth a little extra money for the spray paint! Its about $8 vs $4.






I just love it - it makes me smile :)

Did you catch the little sneak peak of our new project? Check back soon for details, but the tutorial will be on Houzz shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment