Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Furnace vent covers

Tys vent covers
I recently had to replace my 30-year-old furnace and decided to update the floor vent covers too. (Theres really no connection between the two though, since the furnace itself is hidden away.)

And it just so happened that a few weeks ago Ty Lam sent over some pictures of a set of register vents he made. I think they really look nice and they make for some nice household details.

There are a lot of different ways you can approach this project. Ty used a plunge router and a special jig to make the slots.


I chose to rig up a system so I could complete everything on my router table. However you decide to make these, you must work out some sort of assembly-line approach. Its a lot of repetitive routing!







No comments:

Post a Comment